We have another talented scrapbooker today to share some tips with us. Nicole Martel was gracious enough to let us into some of her secrets for scrapbooking effectively.
Get ready to be inspired!
1. Tell us about your process for creating a layout.
Most of the time, I will start with a photo or two. Rather than focusing on fancy papers and embellishments, I like my layouts to focus on the photos and journaling. Sure, I love using fun scrapbooking stuff, but that’s not as important to me as the photos and the story behind the photos. If you look at my layouts, you can see how I try to scrap good photos and my layouts almost always tells a story even if it’s just in two sentences.
2. Can you share a time-saving tip with us?
Try to keep your work station organized. I have my favorite tools that I use frequently at arms length and I have my embellishments and papers sorted in bins/folders so that I can easily access what is needed. Since everything has it’s place in my scraproom, I am able to scrap layouts under 40 minutes.
3. What are your favorite/go-to products?
– White cardstock by Creative Memories
– Corner rounder by Creative Memories
– Glimmer Mists and Paint by Tattered Angels
– Bling/Pearls by Zva Creative
– Epoxy/Button tool by Epiphany Crafts
– Baker’s Twine
– Heart border punch by Creative Memories
To learn more about me, come visit me at SFTIO at
I love that Nicole does 8×11 pages (which is also my preferred page size). And did you get that about being able to create pages in less than 40 minutes. She’s my type of scrapbooker. 🙂 Thank you, Nicole!